Raffles, Bingos & Other Games of Chance
CANCELING OR POSTPONING DUE TO COVID-19
LGCCC website for COVID-19 updates
An Application to Amend a Bingo and Raffle is required to be submitted. Four(4) copies with original notarized signatures on all four(4) copies must be submitted to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information, please contact the Clerk’s Office or LGCCC at (973)273-8000
LEGALIZED GAME OF CHANCE CONTROL COMMISSION (LGCCC) REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Under New Jersey State law, only organizations registered with the LGCCC are permitted to conduct raffles, bingos, and other games of chance.
FORMS REQUIRED FOR APPLYING FOR GAMES OF CHANCE:
- A copy of the registration certificate issued by the LGCCC must be submitted with the application. The expiration date on the certificate must be later than the date of the proposed event.
- Raffle License Application or Bingo License Application – must submit four (4) copies with two original notarized signatures on all four (4) copies.
- West Windsor Township Affidavit – must submit one(1) Affidavit per Raffle or Bingo Application with original notarized signature
- Form-13 - if necessary. Provided by licensed equipment provider and must be submitted with the application
Same Ticket Requirements:
- Off-Premise Raffle Drawing Awarding Merchandise as a Prize: Three(3) copies of the sample ticket must be submitted to the municipality along with the raffle application. The LGCCC has provided a sample ticket form to use as a guide to ensure that all the required information is printed on the ticket to be sold to participate in an Off-Premise Raffle Drawing awarding merchandise as a prize. Sample Ticket Form Awarding Merchandise as Prize
- Off-Premise 50/50 Raffle Awarding Cash as a Prize: Three(3) copies of the sample ticket must be submitted to the municipality along with the raffle application. The LGCCC has provided a sample ticket form to use as a guide to ensure that all the required information is printed on the ticket to be sold to participate in an Off-Premise Raffle Drawing awarding cash as a prize. Sample Ticket Form Awarding Cash as Prize
- On-Premise Raffles: Raffles conducted in which tickets are sold only at the event and the winner must be present to win. NO SAMPLE TICKET REQUIRED.
STEPS IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- All applications for licenses and amendments of licenses for games being conducted in West Windsor Township should be filed with the West Windsor Township Clerk’s Office at least 4-6 weeks prior to the event date. Complete applications will be accepted by mail to the attention of the Municipal Clerk at 271 Clarksville Road, P.O. Box 38, West Windsor, NJ 08550 or may be submitted to our Clerk’s Office drop box that is available in our lobby from 9am-5pm.
- The Municipal Clerk will file the application with the LGCCC within three(3) days.
- After the mandatory waiting period of fourteen(14) calendar days, the Municipal Clerk will issue the License.
- A Report of Operations must be filed with the LGCCC no later than the fifteenth(15th) day of the calendar month immediately following the calendar month in which the licensed event was held. A separate report shall be submitted for each license number. If a Report of Operations was not filed with the LGCCC after conducting a previous game of chance, the organization will be denied a license until the report has been filed.
Real estate or an interest therein, bonds, shares of stock, securities or evidences of indebtedness, weapons, live animals (except edible seafood), foreign or domestic coins (except collector pieces or sets that are marketed as such and are clearly not intended for use as legal tender), tobacco products, motor vehicle leases, or any merchandise refundable in any of the foregoing, or as money or cash.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AS PRIZE:
The raffle ticket must bear the statement “Winner must be at least 21 years of age”, and a sign must be located next to the prize stating that the winner must be at least 21 years of age.