Alcoholic Beverage License

Under the Alcoholic Beverage Law, the Director of the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control is authorized to make rules, regulations and special rulings necessary for the proper control of the alcoholic beverage industry In New Jersey.

The twelve-page Application for Retail Alcoholic Beverage License form, the Application for Special Permit for Social Affair form, and various other permits can be downloaded directly from the NJ Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control website at Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control - New Jersey Office of Attorney General (

The Township Council of West Windsor Township is the municipal issuing authority that issues new licenses and renews existing licenses. The Township Council also approves the transfer of liquor licenses.

The Township Clerk's role is as Administrative Officer to process related documents for new licenses, renewals, transfers and amendments. The Township Clerk also reviews requests for certain types of special permits, and signs on behalf of the Municipality.

Please contact the Clerk's Office at (609) 799-2400 if you have any further questions.