COVID-19 is a highly contagious respiratory illness caused by a virus. Most cases of COVID-19 are mild to moderate, like the common cold. But it can be more severe in older adults and people with chronic health conditions.
The West Windsor Department of Health is working with many other state, federal, and local agencies to quickly and equitably distribute COVID-19 vaccine to all New Jersey communities. It is our goal make safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination available to all who live, work, and/or are educated in West Windsor, Robbinsville Township and Hightstown Borough.
We would like to hear from YOU! Please complete the COVID-19 Resources Feedback Survey to help inform the West Windsor Health Department about your experiences, opinions, and feedback on the COVID-19 resources (eg. testing, treatment, vaccines) within your community. Your input is greatly valued and will help to improve our approaches to combat COVID-19."
February 27, 2023 - West Windsor Health Department is proud to be a partner of CDC’s Project Firstline. Together, we are providing engaging and effective infection control training for the frontline healthcare workforce. These free training resources were developed with health care workers, for healthcare workers – to protect patients and healthcare professionals from the spread of germs.
|About Project Firstline :||You can learn more about the training collaborative and subscribe to the newsletter.|
|Educational Materials :||Make infection control training easy with various resources such as videos, graphics, interactive activities, and toolkits.|
|Facilitator Toolkit :||Lead an infection control training for your healthcare setting with this adaptable toolkit.|
Isolation and Quarantine:
Effective September 12, 2023, the COVID-19 vaccination program is in transition. Please check back frequently for updates. The Health Department will continue to provide information as new vaccination opportunities become available.
Visit Vaccine.gov to find a vaccine near you.
- Resources for Undocumented and Uninsured Individuals
- BOOSTERS ARE AVAILABLE!
- Free at-home COVID-19 test kits available! Please click the following link for directions to place your order: https://www.covid.gov/tests
- No-Cost COVID-19 Testing Locator (CDC) https://testinglocator.cdc.gov/Search
- Covid Testing Sites
- For more information on testing options, visit Where can I get free, public COVID-19 testing or treatment? | FAQ (nj.gov)
- UPDATE: The expiration dates for several COVID-19 at home test-kits have been extended, such as manufacturers like BinaxNOW, Flowflex, iHealth Labs, etc. The expiration label may have a different expiry date than what is listed on your product. Please see below for more information on the extended shelf-life:
- FDA - At Home OTC COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests
- BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test Product Expiry Date
- If you have further questions regarding COVID-19 at home test kits, please contact the West Windsor Health Department at (609) 936-8400.
Information & Resources:
- COVID 19 and Caregiving with Pride
- Click Here to Check Out CDC’s Travel Tips
- Click Here for the NJ Department of Health's Weekly CALI and Variant Reports
- COVID Connect Helpline (833) 223-0011