Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Lifecycle of Permit
- Public Research: Code Enforcement’s public computer is not available at this time. Please sign-up for and use the SDL Portal to research any property's block & lot file. This is available 24/7. Click the “SDL Portal” link in the left side menu, or enter into your web browser: https://www.sdlportal.com/login?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sdlportal.com%2Ftowns%2Fnj%2Fmercer%2Fwestwindsortwp
- When is a permit required?
- What is an ordinary maintenance?
- What is minor work?
- Whose responsibility is it to secure permits?
- Who can prepare plans for permits?
- What are required inspections?
- Can manufacturer's installation specifications supercede a code?
- What are the requirements for a Certificate of Occupancy?
- When is one subject to a monetary penalty?
- Who to contact at the State for assistance?
- Where can one purchase code books?