Conover Road Bikeway Project The West Windsor Township Department of Community Development has scheduled an open public meeting for Wednesday, August 10th, to provide information, collect comments and answer questions on the Conover Road Bikeway Project. The meeting will take place in Room A of the Municipal Building, located at 271 Clarksville Road, on Wednesday, August 10th from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM.
The project consists of the planning, environmental investigation, permitting and construction of an 8’ wide, off-road, asphalt bikeway running approximately parallel to Conover Road, between South Post Road and Galston Drive. West Windsor Township has received partial funding from the New Jersey Department of Transportation under the “Bikeways” program for the project. Once constructed, this proposed bikeway will provide a connection between Village Rd West / South Post Road and the East entrance to Mercer County Park via the newly constructed Edinburg Road Bikelanes, and the South Post Road Bikeway (adjacent to Mercer Oaks Golf Course).
The proposed bikeway is currently anticipated to be constructed within the public Right-of-Way; however, several properties along the S-curve will be impacted with landscaping modifications with this alignment. The Township has approached the County of Mercer about relocating a portion of the bikeway to follow an existing 20’ wide sanitary sewer easement and a portion of County farmland directly behind these properties; rather than impact the frontage of these properties.
- West Windsor Township Master Plan – Bikeway Trail and Multi Use Facility Map
- Council approves grant request submission to NJ DOT
- West Windsor Bicycle and Pedestrian letter of support for grant request
- Conover Bikewaygrant submission to NJ DOT
- Council approves 2014 budget inclusion of Conover Road Bikeway project
- Council approves Roberts Engineering as project consultant
- Council approves request for extension of project completion from NJ DOT
- Conover Road Bikeway Project Limits
- Resident Outreach letter
- Conover Road Bikeway Presentation - August 10, 2016