Photos left to right - Schenck House, Community Park Aquatic Pool, Senior Center, Grover's Mill Pond, Farmer's Market,  Grover's Mill Monument,  Police Color Guard in Memorial Day Parade, Carnegie Headquarters

Click here to view Community Events

War of The Worlds Began Here
Click here to enter


271 Clarksville Road
P.O. Box 38
West Windsor, New Jersey 08550
Telephone: 609-799-2400  Fax:  609-799-2044

Municipal Office Hours:  Monday - Friday  9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Affordable Housing For information on Affordable Housing in West Windsor, contact Piazza & Associates at 609-786-1100.

Alarms: Home or business alarm systems MUST BE REGISTERED with the Police Department.  There is an annual renewal fee of $25.00 due January 1st and payable by March 31st.  Also see

Baby Clinic (Well Baby Clinic) Our local Child Health Center offers free immunizations and well child check-ups, developmental assessments, nutritional and educational materials to residents with children on Medicaid or who have no health insurance.  Appointments can be made by calling 609-443-4000 ext 222.

Birth & Death Certificates Contact the Health Department at 936-8400.

Black Bear Information


Black bears are now recognized as an important natural resource in New Jersey and as part of the state's heritage.  They have been sighted throughout the state.  People can see bears in forests when they are hiking and camping, and some people even see bears in their yards.  The links below, from the NJ DEP Division of Fish & Wildlife, provide information on how residents can best co-exist with bears.  The most important recommendation is don’t feed bears and keep garbage covered.  It is illegal in New Jersey to feed black bears either intentionally or unintentionally.  Anyone who feeds bears could face a penalty of up to $1,000 for each offense.

Report bear damage, nuisance behavior, or aggressive bears to the West Windsor Township Police Department at (609) 799-1222 and to the NJ DEP hotline at (877) 927-6337. 

Black Bears on the Hunt for Food; Don’t Feed Them –

Bear Facts for Homeowners –

Brush and Yard Debris

Community Profile

Construction Permits To obtain permits for additions, decks, etc. contact the Construction Department at 799-8490.

Dog and Cat LicensesAll dogs and cats over the age of seven months must be registered. New registrations are taken throughout the year. Renewals: dogs during January, and cats during April.

Rabies Clinic
A current rabies vaccination is needed to register each animal. Free Rabies Clinics are held in January and April. Contact the Health Department at 936-8400 for specific details.

"Leash Law" Dogs must be leashed when off the owner's premises.

"Pooper Scooper Law" Owners must immediately remove any feces deposited by their dog on the curb line or on other public property. Feces should be placed in a closed bag and discarded with the owner's garbage. No person shall allow their dog to defecate upon any public or private property except with the permission of the property owner.

Firearm Discharge


Grease Control Information

General Assistance:  Financial assistance (municipal welfare) is available to West Windsor residents with no dependent children.  799-9068.  Families with dependent children should contact Mercer County Board of Social Services 609-989-4320


Hazardous Waste

Important Numbers


Library: Mercer County, West Windsor Branch (799-0462) is located at 333 North Post Road. Entrance is via North Post Road.

Monday - Thursday 9:30am - 9:00pm
Friday 9:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday* 12:30pm - 5:00pm

Licenses: Contact the Health Department at 936-8400 for marriage licenses and dog Adobe and cat Adobe licenses.  Please call for an appointment for marriage/civil union licenses.

Lost & Found:  West Windsor Township has a Lost and Found where items left or dropped in and around the Municipal Building are retained.  Please stop by the Front Desk of the Municipal Building if you think that you may have left or dropped an item.  All items must be verified.

West Windsor Maps

Municipal Complex

Parking Authority

Parks and Recreation Facilities  

Past Mayors     

Police Programs (updated 8/3/11 – WPB)

Neighborhood Watch – A program designed for residents in the community to have an opportunity to be a part of their police department.  This program trains those involved in suspicion detection, how to report a crime, and enables
members to be the eyes and ears for our police department.

r.a.d. KIDS – Educative and physical self-defense program for kids (5 two-hour classes).

R.A.D. Women – Educative and physical self-defense program for women (4 three-hour classes).

R.A.D. Seniors – Educative and physical self-defense for seniors (10 one and a half hour classes).

Youth Academy – This program is for the youth in the West Windsor community from ages 10 to 12 to have an opportunity to see what it takes to be a police officer.

For further information, contact Lt. Matthew Kemp or Det. Jason Jones @ (609) 799-0452 or (609) 799-1222.

C.E.R.T. is an Emergency Services Program

C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team): This program is designed to train volunteers to be a part of the community, supporting the police department, as well as the West Windsor Emergency Service Unit, in the event of a disaster or emergency situation in the West Windsor community.

EMS also does Child Passenger Safety

Public Assistance

Radon: Radon test kits and consultations are available from the Health Department (936-8400) for a fee of $30.00.

Recreation: (799-6141) Also see "Parks & Recreation"  Year around programs are offered for youth and adults. These include swimming, tennis, basketball, volleyball, golf lessons, summer camp, prime time programs, ski trips, sports camps, summer basketball leagues, wrestling, fencing and other recreational activities. Special events are held throughout the year, including a summer concert series and a golf classic. Announcements of programs and special events are published in local papers and Program Directories for "Spring - Summer" and "Fall - Winter."


Roundabout Safety for Pedestrians, Cyclists and MotoristsPDF

Senior Center The Senior Center is the community focal point for programs and services for West Windsor residents 55 years and older. Health, educational, recreational, social and inter-generational activities and programs are provided. The Center also serves as a resource for programs and services available to senior citizens on a local, state and national level.  For more information, please contact 799-9068.

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Septic Systems: To avoid waste buildup, septic tanks should be pumped every one to three years depending on usage. For further information, contact the Health Department at 936-8400. Additional information can be found in the following NJ DEP publication:

Sewer Billing Sewer bills are due March 1 and September 1. Residents can drop off checks (NOT CASH) for sewer and tax payments after hours in the lockbox located in front of the municipal building.

Sidewalk Repair & Tree Trimming Law: Homeowners are responsible for the maintenance and repair of sidewalks abutting their property. Low or hazardous tree branches are required to be trimmed. Homeowners could be liable for injuries sustained due to hazardous sidewalk conditions.

Smoke Detectors/Carbon Monoxide Detectors/Fire Extinguishers: A compliance certificate must be obtained by all owners prior to sale or rental indicating that the residence has a smoke detector alarm device on each level of the structure. Contact the Division of Emergency Services (799-2400) for details.

Snow Removal Law: Township ordinances require that snow and ice be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours after the snow stops. However, homeowners near a school or a high pedestrian traffic area should be mindful of clearing ice and snow as soon as possible. Owners should also clear bus stop areas for the children to safely wait to board their buses.

Social Services
Information, referrals, and counseling on all issues of social concerns - please contact 799-9068.

         County Welfare for those with/without dependent children - please contact the Mercer County Board of Social Services at 989-4320.

Street Lighting:  To report a street light which is not functioning in your neighborhood first note the location of the street light, and nearest house number or cross street. Then check your electric bill for the utility company that provides the electric service for your area.
Then, to report the outage, do one of the following:

If PSE&G call 1-800-436-7734 or report on-line at:

If JCP&L (a First Energy Company) call 1-800-662-3115 or report on-line at:

The 2017 Tax Rate is $2.689 per $100 assessed value:

Municipal Open Space
County Library
County Open Space
School Tax



Quarterly taxes are due on the 1st of February, May, August, and November. Residents can drop off checks (NOT CASH) for tax and sewer payments after hours in the lockbox located in front of the municipal building. Payments can also be made online at

Vacant House Program: A vacant house Police check is available for residents when on vacation. For more information or to register for this program, contact the Police Department (799-1222).

Volunteer Applications: AdobeResidents interested in volunteering their services to the community on a municipal board/commission can obtain "Volunteer Application" forms at the Municipal Building Reception Desk, by calling the Municipal Building (799-2400) or download the form from the Township website (see Forms and Permits).

Voter Registration: Residents can register to vote in person at the Municipal Building, obtain a mail-in form by calling the Township Clerk (799-2400) or download the form from the Township website (see Forms and Permits).

Well Water: Owners of private wells should test their well water once a year as a precautionary measure. For further information, contact the Health Department at 936-8400.

Women, Infants, and Children Clinic (WIC): N.J. WIC Services provide supplemental nutritious foods to pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants, and children up to the age of five.  For more information and eligibility requirement, please call 989-3320 ext. 2.

Yard Waste Collection:  Public Works provides collection of yard waste during months March -December for residents who reside on Township roads. Residents may only place yard waste at the curb or along the street during the seven (7) days prior to a scheduled and announced collection. Failure to adhere to the guidelines for yard waste collection may result in a penalty being imposed on the homeowner. For detailed information reference Yard Waste Collection on the Township website.


Home | Text Menu | Privacy | Contact Us | Phone Directory | | Register for e-Bulletins
Township of West Windsor • 271 Clarksville Road • PO Box 38 • West Windsor, NJ 08550 • 609-799-2400