CABLE TV ADVISORY BOARD
MEETING DATE: Thursday, February 19, 2009
TIME: 7:00 PM
LOCATION: Municipal Building – Room “C”
A G E N D A
the extent known)
I. CALL TO ORDER
STATEMENT OF ADEQUATE NOTICE
ROLL CALL OF MEMBERS
III. NEW AGENDA ITEMS
· On February 13, 2009, the FCC through Congress adopted the Digital Transition Delay Act, postponing DTV Transition from February 17, 2009 to June 12, 2009. (FCC Order attached). Pictures of digital converter box in stores are also attached. Picture 1 Picture 2
· Michael Huey will host a training session on April 6, 2009 for any CTVAB members interested in operating Room A audio-video equipment.
· Michael Huey recorded and broadcasted the January 22 and 29 Planning Board Meeting Town Council Meeting - Redevelopment Work Session. In addition, I recorded and broadcasted the January 31 Town Hall Meeting.
· Jamie Watson edited and rebroadcasted all Planning Board – Redevelopment Work sessions with 3 days of the actual meeting.
· Township and School District met with Verizon to discuss broadcast of Channel 27, construction, and loan of Verizon AV equipment. (minutes attached)
· Regulation of programming and bulletin broadcasted on Channel 27.
IV. PLANNING PHASE
· Discuss and outline CTVAB goals for year 2009.
V. IMPLEMENTATION PHASE
· Audio Video Specialist position being advertised in local newspapers and other media outlets.
· Audio equipment including a wireless microphones and public address system has been ordered.
VI. DEPLOYMENT PHASE
· Michael Huey recorded and broadcasted the January 31 Town Hall Meeting.
· Michael Huey recorded and broadcasted the January 22 and 29 Planning Board Meeting Town Council Meeting - Redevelopment Work Session.
· Michael Huey recorded and broadcasted the January 13, 2009 Planning Board - Redevelopment meeting.
· Steve Goodell, through the Board of Public Utility, facilitated a settlement between Comcast and Verizon, regarding FIOS interconnectivity.
· Pat Ward and Chris Marion, working with Comcast, completed repairs to enhance Channel 27 bulletin boards with music.
· Tony Pojuner recorded and broadcasted the November 20, 2008 Town Council Meeting - Redevelopment Work Session.
· Michael Huey recorded and broadcasted the December 1, 2008 Town Council Meeting.
· Kevin Caruso repaired Room A’s camera iris.
· Independently created Bravura Philharmonic Orchestra Spring 2008 Concert is currently broadcasted on Channel 27.
· Jamie Watson recorded and broadcasted the October 21 Redevelopment Meeting featuring Hillier Architecture Development Plan
· Tony Pojuner recorded and broadcasted the October 6, 2008 Town Council Meeting.
· Jamie Watson recorded and broadcasted the October 2008 Grover’s Mill Pond program on Channel 27.
· Jamie Watson and Michael Huey created and broadcasted the September 8, 2008 Town Council meeting featuring John Madden and Gary Davies presentation of Redevelopment Plans.
· Jamie Watson created “WWGro Preview” of the September 20, 2008 Environmental Education Fair.
· Michael Huey operated AV equipment for live broadcast of August 18, 2008 Town Council Meeting and August 23, 2008 Town Hall Meeting.
· Jamie Watson created the “Schenck Farmstead” program, which is currently broadcasted on Channel 27.
· Many thanks to Pat Ward and Chris Marion for identifying a liaison, who is committed to the restoration construction damage caused by Verizon FIOS installation.
· Jamie Watson created the Alexander Road Bridge program, which has received great reviews. Enjoy the program on Channel 27.
· Township approved $10,000 for audio-video improvements and $2,500 for audio video staff.
· Nana Cann, Tim O’Conner, Christina Isnardi, Robert Sparling, and Siddhi Sundar have been trained and operated audio-video equipment in Room A for the recording to four meetings (i.e., Town Hall and Town Council).
· FCC February 2009 Digital Transition and the application to receive two $40 coupons for the purchase of digital converter boxes have been posted on West Windsor’s website and available at the Municipal building.
· Michael Huey and Christine Huang operated the AV equipment for live broadcast of the May 1, 2008 Mayor Hsueh Town Hall meeting: Speaker Adam Zellner, Policy Director of Governor Jon Corzine.
· Jamie Watson enabled the use of a wireless lapel microphone for the February 25, 2008 Mayor Hsueh State of West Windsor Address.
· Vidya Sundararaman operated the AV equipment for live broadcast February 25, 2008 Mayor Hsueh State of West Windsor Address.
· Jamie Watson, Joey, Gay Huber, Michael Huey, and Joe Conlon coordinated, recorded, edited, and broadcasted the February 23, 2008 Town Council Special Session - “Revitalizing Main Street” held in the Senior Center.
· Hard drive installed to shorten post-editing time of Room A meetings.
· Anthony Pojuner operated AV equipment for live broadcast of February 11, 2008 Town Council Meeting.
· Jamie Watson and CTVAB created Four Police Spotlight Public Service Announcement currently broadcasting on Channel 27.
· Jamie Watson created, edited, and received the Gold Winner of 2007 AVA International Award for the Dutch Neck Community Garden program currently broadcasting on Channel 27.
VIII. ADJOURNMENT – Next scheduled meeting: March 19, 2009